Friday 16 September 2016

Dear Nigerian men, why didn't you marry your ex?

Nobody should judge anybody here. Be frank about it, let's hear it!
Ladies, this question is for us too. Why didn't you marry your ex? Guys, why did you end your engagement? What was it about your man/woman that made you snap one day and say, “GOD HAVE MERCY, WTH AM I DOING HERE?” 
A friend shared this story with me and it got me thinking:
We were six months away from our wedding day. We had dated for nearly two years. I proposed. I gave her a ring. I loved her. 
We had taken our engagement photos and ordered boxes of matches with our names and wedding date on them. I felt horrible but I knew in my heart that I shouldn’t go through with the wedding. 
I confronted her.  As nicely as possible, I told her that I wanted to postpone the wedding. I saw her right hand out of the corner of my eye coming toward my face. I caught her hand just before it would have slapped my left cheek. She was extremely angry. Could I blame her?
“I’m keeping the ring. I’m not giving it back!” she shouted.
“That’s okay you can keep the ring,” I said. 
Breaking an engagement is difficult, but instead of beating myself up over it, I gradually learned to accept it and still feel it was the right thing to do at the time. 
 Let's read your stories, guys – why didn’t you marry one of your exes?

Even if you didn't get as far as getting him/her engaged before ending your relationship, why did you change your mind about being married to them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment